Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Huge issue

This is basically not possible unless you entered the incorrect information in the dialog for connecting or are using a version of a product that is not compatible with Iray Server 3.0 so please re-check how the information was entered in the dialog and provide a screenshot if possible. In any case, this isn't related to the issue you originally reported.

Yeah, I concur it is not related but was going to report it regardless

I just updated to Daz newest release by uninstalling and reinstalling it from scratch. Same error appears (the main error this thread's about). So I can definitely say it's not something about my Daz installation being corrupted somehow.

I'm sorry, don't have any good news to report yet. We still have not been able to reproduce and I didn't find anything suspicious going through the changes from the last known working version either. We are still looking into this, will let you know when we find anything.

I don't understand why it suddenly changed for the worst. I noticed the renders are also faster with the new release, when they don't fail. The strange thing is that if I duplicate a faulty render the new one works. I see you're not able to reproduce the issue as it's completely random!

Mmh, some news I stumbled upon.

If I load a queue and execute it immediately it won't show the error at all, regardless of how many images I put in there.

If, however, I create the queue and for some reason stop it and shut everything down to resume working another day (something I do often), the problem occurs.

Small question: is it possible to change the location of the cache.db file somehow? I wanted to move it from C to another disk, because C is the one which has got less space assigned.
    Last edited by Parvor; 28th May, 2020 at 10:47.

Ok, that is interesting. I have stress tested the server with about 500 Daz3D jobs now and still not seen any issues, but I filled the queue and then run it to completion. I will try stopping it and resuming to see if that changes things.

Regarding your cache.db question you can use the --cm-path option. Start Iray Server with --help to see a full list of options.

As an alternative you can also manually copy cache.db and replace it with a symlink pointing to it.

Symlinks are made with the mklink command using a Command Prompt (think you need to be administrator, not sure) like this:

mklink Link Target

Thanks! I will try it.

Could it be RAM-related?

I upgraded my RAM from 16 GB to 40 GB and no issue occurred. Still need to perform more tests though.

Before the upgrade though everything worked fine even with 16GB...

Hmm, it could well be. Low RAM can cause weird random issues and would explain why I can't repro. Fingers crossed! :-)