Thread: Won! kudamm 69 - luxury bathroom

Default Won! kudamm 69 - luxury bathroom

Hi Guys+Girls,

here some images from a pitch that have we yesterday won. I hope you like it. Render Engine is iray+ 2.2.

PS: That was only possible with iray+. Believe me. Only two days for the pitch.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aspetto_moderno_Kudamm69_Bad_Nord.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	263.5 KB 
ID:	10837

Name:	aspetto_moderno_Kudamm69_Bad_Sued.jpg 
Size:	291.2 KB 
ID:	10838

Name:	aspetto_moderno_Kudamm69_Bad_Dusche.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	284.0 KB 
ID:	10839

Name:	aspetto_moderno_Kudamm69_Bad_Dusche_Detail.jpg 
Size:	319.6 KB 
ID:	10840

Name:	aspetto_moderno_Kudamm69_Bad_Sued_old.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	232.0 KB 
ID:	10841

cheers
    thorsten
    Last edited by Thorsten Hartmann; 4th March, 2020 at 16:02.
    Infinity Vision Home: https://www.infinity-vision.de

ive been using iray for long time now and i still cant get over how fast it is. our designers change things right up to sometimes meeting start and have me render and save into folders while they are talking to clients!

good job thorsten, it is a great feeling!

Thank you Grue19 for the nice comment.

Yes iray+ is insane. We had monday a teamviewer online meeting ( the client see my screen and knows about vray or other render engines). The interior designer canīt believe that i am modelling the ceiling lamp and set emission on, and have the same light on the ceiling as in his designer magazine. That was very insane. At now he goes to no other artist, only to me.

cheers
    thorsten

i'll tell you that i first started dabbling/following iray back when the nvidia k4000 was a new card. i used mentalray mostly. but when i got a job an architectural firm with 4 architect designers, that's when i said i need to build a good machine and we got 4 nvidia titan x's. every architect and the interior designer, wanted to see slight changes in lighting, material colors (a lot of photoshop work there too), etc... and after doing more researching and figuring out that the titan x hybrids would be fast, i had them build me a machine. i was blown away, mentalray animation that took 10mins per frame with fg and gi at 1080p took 1m with the new setup. plus since iray frame buffer starts progressively rendrering, designers could see feedback in almost realtime! the longest renders i do now take no more than 20mins and that's if they are 4k > sizes and interiors. now that we have 2nd machine with 4 gtx 1080 hybrid, it's like 40% faster

at work, they always bring new clients to my work area and i show them iray plugin, 2 huge computers, animations, we put oculus go headsets on them, and show them the 3d printer. i tell them i'm the only one that doesn't go to work, i go to play! clients love that!

we have started using enscape in autodesk revit, but that's mainly for space-study. renders in enscape are quick and walkthru are nice, but they still look pretty bad. enough to get show clients what they are getting, but it's when i do 360 spherical renders and still renders that they really perk up! plus a big problem we run into is that clients will get distracted by carpeting or wall colors when showing them renders or enscape, so enscape is mostly grey-scale at the planning stage.

at home, i am just about to order iray plugin. i ordered 2 nvidia 1060s with 6gb ram and have not yet plugged the 2nd card in yet. the singlee 1060 is still blindingly fast in comparison to ART renderer. and i have tested a scene with 13million polygons (instancing a lot of that) and memory use goes no higher than 4-5gb. i am very safe. i expect wheen i put the 2nd card in tonight my times with halve.

thorsten, were you using displacement on the shower walls or normal map?

- ". i tell them i'm the only one that doesn't go to work, i go to play! clients love that!" hahahah so true!

- The Hexgon Panel are modelling, no displacment or normal map.

- My Hardware dealer tell me, that the new motherboard canīt use 4 Grafikcard. I donīt know why, because itīs work very well. Two cards are to slow for realtime.

- ira+y can read many polygons, but the texture size can make problems. The biggest size for a textrue is 4096x4096, and it works for most Objects.

cheers
    thorsten

That's not entirely true Thorsten

I've already rendered with a lot of 8K textures
    3d poeple have all standard 8K textures.

The only problem is you are very quickly at the end of graphics memory
    with mass scenes and then IRAY only renders with CPU
    I had that at a big scene and at first didn't see it, he wasn't rendering with GPU anymore
    Thought one of the graphics cards would be broken: D
    But I've never had any problems with mass scene with 4K textures
    ah almost forgotten congratulations

Regards Bernd