Thread: Error : MDL path filed to ad line: 1293

Default Error : MDL path filed to ad line: 1293

hi all,

I have exported custom MDL files to a folder I want to share. This folder is saved on our windows file server and when I point it in the Iray settings I get this error?

If I copy the files to my local user folder with no worries, do you have any idea?

thanks

Frédéric

Does the location contain any special characters in the path?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Does the location contain any special characters in the path?
    Hi Paul,

C:\Users\fpetitje\Documents\mdl\user_materials\1_1 good

C:\Users\fpetitje\Documents\mdl\user_materials\1 ŕ 1 not good

correct?

thanks

All parts of the path must be a valid MDL identifier. Both of the examples you show are not good since they start with a number. A valid identifier must start with an alphabetic character, followed by a possibly empty sequence of alphabetic characters, decimal digits or underscores. In the current version of MDL used in Iray for Rhino Unicode characters as part of an identifier are not supported. Spaces also cannot be used.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    All parts of the path must be a valid MDL identifier. Both of the examples you show are not good since they start with a number. A valid identifier must start with an alphabetic character, followed by a possibly empty sequence of alphabetic characters, decimal digits or underscores. In the current version of MDL used in Iray for Rhino Unicode characters as part of an identifier are not supported. Spaces also cannot be used.

Very well I understand how I should write the file names as well as their destinations.

Thanks Paul