Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: light lister not working

Default light lister not working

iray light lister appears to be broken in v2.2

i have tried it in max 2018 2019 and 2020. no lights are listed, there is no refresh button, there is one "section" called "Configuration" with radio buttons "All lights" "Selected Lights" and "General Settings" then there's a little text box in which i cannot click. it looks the same in each max version.

also, i've tried to access it via the custom button i have created, the IRAY menu and the IRAY toolbar and it doesn't make a difference

windows 10 enterprise.

i just installed iray v2.1 for 2020 and light lister same behavior - no lights listed. i added photometric lights and those were not listed either. no refresh button etc...

i've tried a few versions of iray and max... i am not getting anywhere with it. this is windows 10 pro machine.

i also installed the latest update for max 2020 and that has not helped.

thanks.

Hi,

Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing? I have tested this and it seems to be working fine for me. I'm interested in the text box that you cannot click that you mentioned. There shouldn't be a text box in the Configuration section, but there should be a refresh button which you say you aren't seeing. It almost sounds like something has gone wrong with the installation, but you say you are seeing this in multiple versions so that's unlikely to be the case.

Michael
    QA Engineer, Lightworks

I also have that problem from a couple of releases.
    Here is a screenshot:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Iray_LightLister_191210.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	219.7 KB 
ID:	10798

And when I click Selected Lights checkbox (with selected light) - I get MaxScript error "--Type error: Call needs function or class, got: undefined" - pointed to this row: "LListerIRP.maxLightsRC = rolloutCreator "maxLightsRollout" ~MAXLIGHTSRC_LIGHTS~ -- Localize the 2nd string only"

Best!
    Nik
    Last edited by NikNastev; 10th December, 2019 at 16:23.

Hi,

I'm not able to reproduce this here. Is this something that is scene-specific or is it happening all the time? If you create a simple scene with a couple of lights from scratch, are you still seeing this problem?

If it is scene-specific then if you could send us a scene that causes this it would help us find the issue.

Thanks,
    Michael
    QA Engineer, Lightworks

This is happen on all scenes - new/old, no matters.
    in 3ds Max 2020.

And error is in Macro_LightList_irp.mcr

Best!
    Nik

Ok, I found a fix.
    It looks like macro script is not initialised/started.

Watch the video. It shows the problem and then how to solve it, so you can see lights.
    All what you need is to Evaluate the script, when you get an error. Then you will see all your lights.

This works per Max session, so you will need to repeat it again, when you restart 3ds Max.

Link to video: video

Best!
    Nik

yep, here's my screen shots:

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	11.7 KB 
ID:	10799

Name:	Clipboard02.jpg 
Size:	128.2 KB 
ID:	10800

nik, i work the same as you show in your video.

side note: how do i get rid of the reference to the IES file? max tells me it's missing that IES when it starts up?

Name:	Clipboard03.jpg 
Size:	30.3 KB 
ID:	10801