Thread: Bug with Iray+ Streaming on Server with Lighting Analysis Enabled - LPE's not working

Default Bug with Iray+ Streaming on Server with Lighting Analysis Enabled - LPE's not working

Studying a scene using 3 types of standard photometric lights with IES profile distributions. When I run the scene on my local device with Lighting Analysis Enabled I'm able to utilize LPE's and analyze the contribution of the different light types in the Iray+ Frame Buffer - its perfect (Iray has come a long way with that - kudos to the development team)

However, when I try to do the exact same thing when streaming with the server - the Render Element LPE's do not work in the Frame Buffer Window. i.e. - when i change the render element drop down from Irradiance to one of the LPE's I've created - the frame buffer window shows no incident flux on any surfaces - even though there definitely is.

It would be awesome to get this bug fixed as this has become a nice workflow for me - if streaming worked it would be even faster.

Thanks!

BTW: I'm using 3ds Max 2020 and Iray v2.1

Hi,

I'm having a look at this now. Can you also tell me what version of Iray Server you're using? You can see the version number down at the bottom left of the web browser interface.

Thanks,
    Michael
    QA Engineer, Lightworks

Hi,

We've identified an issue when streaming Irradiance LPEs on Iray Server or a VCA. Unfortunately this does not work correctly at the moment and there is no workaround. Irradiance LPE layers must be rendered locally for the time being. I've added this to our list of issues to look at. Thank you for flagging this up.

Michael
    QA Engineer, Lightworks