Thread: Feature request - hardware info during rendering

Default Feature request - hardware info during rendering

Can we have some info on hardware during the rendering, like how much video memory is used/free, GPU temperature and so on?
    On a new Info page or somewhere else.

It will be a helpful to look at used hardware in current job.

Thanks!
    Best!
    Nik

While I'd agree it would be a nice to have it is unlikely to be a high priority to implement since there are any number of other means of seeing this information. As an example, the NVIDIA drivers install a command line tool 'nvidia-smi' which you can run that reports all of this information. There are also various third party graphical tools.

I can understand when accessing the server remotely it would be useful to have this information directly at hand since you might not have a convenient way to run the reporting tools. I'll pass along the request to NVIDIA in any case.

I agree that there are many tools, but I want to see that info per current rendering job/s.
    Imagine you have 2 rendering jobs - you can see in one place - in Iray Server, all info you needed, without third party apps.

Thanks!
    Nik

Currently the only place you will find per job information is in the log data where it reports how much data is uploaded to the GPU. However there is no method for measuring resource usage per job.