Thread: I would like to buy VR glasses for IRAY 3ds max which ?

Cool I would like to buy VR glasses for IRAY 3ds max which ?

I would like to buy VR glasses for IRAY 3ds max

which glasses do you recommend to me Lightworks ? Oculus ?
    and which model of it is best for IRAY?

Regards Bernd
    Last edited by Bernd Haier; 3rd September, 2019 at 10:54.

I'm interested about this as well. At their presentation they used HTC Vive, but Oculus Quest seems to be the best overall. I'm curios about what they recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by ferenczlorandka View Post
    I'm interested about this as well. At their presentation they used HTC Vive, but Oculus Quest seems to be the best overall. I'm curios about what they recommend.
    hi. what are you talking about? did someone demo plugging goggles into computer while running a live walk-thru with iray interactive? or do you mean rendering a static spherical 3d render using iray?

thanks.

EDIT: researching this for many years, watching it, HTC Vive slightly edges out oculus in terms of people who want that little bit of extra quality. my own experience is using cell phones and samsung gear VR which has been good. but we just got an oculus GO about 1 year ago and it's nice, and better depending on which phone you use in the gear VR. i have demo'd the oculus RIFT and for just static images or animations, i didn't feel the need to upgrade.

the problem with the GO and the gear VR route is there is no kiosk mode. however on a gear VR with smart phone (with no sim car), you can use online services to create an actual apk (app) with hotspots and sound etc. i think you can do the same with the GO however, but i'm not sure if you can load 3rd party apps on it without having to jump throgh hoops.

thanks,
    Last edited by grue19; 26th September, 2019 at 15:24.

hello, so your post inspired me to do some updated research and the htc vive seems real promising in terms of being able to use a kiosk mode and also a commercial use option (paid) but that seems to have customer support and is designed for businesses. so i'd guess you could get actual people to actually answer real questions.

https://enterprise.vive.com/us/product/vive-focus/

i'm glad that finally after 4 years since the gear VR at least one company is taking it seriously (NO GAMING or SOCIAL MEDIA CRAP)!

I chose the HTC Vive, this was my first option anyway.

hello. is this for static vr photosphers or does iray integrate in some other way for moving around?

thank you.

Now it's only static. I don't know nothing about future plans. I hope we will get something like unreal engine with time

ah good thanks. i hoped i hadnt missed anything anything. i remember a while back irayvr and irayvr lite. lite being what we have now. I do like it!

so endcape is doing amazing things within revit. but otherwise yeah, we have to go outside to unreal etc... or whatever max has. stingray or whatever its called.

kiosk mode is great so i might push for a couple of those new goggles to sit at our reception areA. for clients to look at our projects as they wait.