Thread: re-render using iray frame buffer production rendering

Default re-render using iray frame buffer production rendering

yep so here's what i did.

i switched on iray frame buffer for production rendering.
    i added specular and material id pass
    i hit render

it rendered for 1500 passes and then as soon as it finished, it blanked out my beauty pass which was visible while rendering, and started over at 0% rendering and went all the way up to 100% taking the same amount of time as the first time it rendered.

i did not have "save file" selected. i was just going to save them out from the frame buffer.

Hi grue,

Does this happen every time with this model, or is it intermittent? I have tried the same thing with a few models here and am not seeing this behaviour. I suspect this is related in some way to the similar issue you reported before, but in that case you were changing light parameters which were triggering the re-render. In this case you are not touching any controls at all?

Michael
    QA Engineer, Lightworks

PMing you on this. Thanks,

Thanks for the scene.

I've still not been able to reproduce this so far. Rendering stops at 1500 and doesn't re-start.

Which version of 3ds Max and which version of the plugin are you using?
    QA Engineer, Lightworks

i'm using max 2018 with all the latest updates,

plugin: version 2.0.137.372
    iray version 2018.1.2. build 312200.128
    bridge version 312200.922

i just tested again, but i changed to 1200x800 resolution, made sure specular and material id were turned on in the render passes. it'll render and the render progress window will disappear and then it will begin it's re-render.

i wondered if it was having forest pro, but another scene i have has forest pro too, but much simpler, aka few objects.

i checked to see if there are any keyframes in the scene and no, there are none.

interesting. so i let it render, then it re-rendered, then i closed the iray frame buffer. then i opened the 3ds max rendered frame window and it displayed the render, but then... i just opened the render setup window and the "show previous" is greyed out and when i click on it nothing happens.

EDIT: i have geforce gtx titan x (4 of them) driver version is reported as 419.67. now, i know i recently updated to that driver version, but recent as in maybe a month or two ago. i know that i've seen this before that driver udpate too - that other post i had about this.

EIDT: ok so i moved my camera, then hit render. the iray buffer came up and the max render progress window. i hit cancel on the max progress window and the iray buffer window immediately started re-rendering. so then i x'd the iray buffer window closed and max crashed to the point where i have to do ctl alt del to get it to go away.

windows 7 pro 64bit.
    Last edited by grue19; 9th August, 2019 at 16:59.