Thread: Denoiser error "rainbow random pixels"

Default Denoiser error "rainbow random pixels"

Guys has anyone experience this? it happends only in production render, and exactly when the denoiser gets activated.

it can happend even with a simple red diffuse material.

the Ireay previw on the rhino window works fine even with denoiser.

I have 2 scenes completely different with the same error.

please help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Denoiser error.JPG  

Could you confirm which version of Iray for Rhino you are using and also whether you are outputting to a HDR image in this example or just a standard image?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Could you confirm which version of Iray for Rhino you are using and also whether you are outputting to a HDR image in this example or just a standard image?
    Hi Paul thank you for your fast reply. Im using the 1.5.376 (which I think is the last one) , the ouput is just a standard PNG (it also happnds with all output formats HDR , JPEG, TIFF etc... )

I'm also attaching some screenshots of my settings as you can see nothing spectacular there.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Settings 2.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	61.3 KB 
ID:	10716Click image for larger version. 

Name:	settings.JPG 
Views:	11 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	10715Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Settings 3.JPG 
Views:	11 
Size:	72.6 KB 
ID:	10717

Are you able to still reproduce the issue on a much simpler model, for example one you could share with us for testing? You mentioned a simpler material still showed the issue however I am trying to determine if the issue is specific to your model, your hardware/driver setup or something in the Iray for Rhino plugin, so we need to eliminate some possibilities.

I take it without the denoiser it looks fine. I'd also be curious as to how it looks without the denoiser.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Are you able to still reproduce the issue on a much simpler model, for example one you could share with us for testing? You mentioned a simpler material still showed the issue however I am trying to determine if the issue is specific to your model, your hardware/driver setup or something in the Iray for Rhino plugin, so we need to eliminate some possibilities.

I take it without the denoiser it looks fine. I'd also be curious as to how it looks without the denoiser.

Hi Paul thank you so much for your interest. I'm attaching a Zip file with a pretty simple scene for the test (also the textures for the couch and the carpet)
    here you can see how it looks on the rhino viewport with the denoiser ON.
    and also how it look on production render with the denoiser ON, I blame the denoiser beciuse the small pixels move around and disapear ramdomplly as the render progress, and they only appear when the denoiser gets activaated. as you can see even the flag and the wall behing gets those rainbow dots even when they are just a plain red diffuse.

hope you can recreate the issue.

the whole scene is basically made with diffuse and a couple stock materiasl from the stock MDL library from Nvidia.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	denoiser ON Production render 2.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	206.8 KB 
ID:	10718Click image for larger version. 

Name:	denoiser ON Production render.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	221.2 KB 
ID:	10719Click image for larger version. 

Name:	denoiser ON rhino viewport.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	472.8 KB 
ID:	10720

sorry the zip files didn't share idk why but you can download the scene here

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kp...DlP508L788OG8v

I am not reproducing the issue here. I have send you a private message with a link to a newer release of Iray for Rhino which will go out soon, please test in that version and let me know if you still have the issue.

Just to close out this thread, note that the just released build 389 fixed the problem for the user.