Thread: RTX and Titan xp gpus

Default RTX and Titan xp gpus

Hello

I just recently switched from mental ray beta to an iray license this time!
    I use a titan xp 12gb and a rtx 2060 6gb, most of my scenes are usually full of geometries. Is there a specific way I could use the displays and the gpu's to improve the speed while taking advantage of the rtx feature?

Thanks

Hi Mafioo!

Of course, you can use all your hardware resources, CPUs and all GPUs for rendering with Iray for Maya. You can adjust this using the Resource Manager in the IFM Control Box. I recommend to disable CPUs (or just reduce the maximum load) and the display GPU while working interactively, because the system will react faster on your input. For batch rendering final images you can use all resources.

Please note, that the scene (geometry, textures, and result framebuffers) have to fit into the GPU memory.

Version 2.2 does not support RT cores, yet. However, we are working on 2.3 with support of the RT cores of the RTX GPUs.

Best wishes
    -Thomas

Thank you for the fast reply! I can't wait for the rtx support and to see some drastic performance boost.
    I really enjoy iray for maya, will it be possible to one day have the interative operate in the renderer viewport instead of the render view just like mental ray ?

Thank you again.