Thread: "Missing Export Material" errors on importing or attaching

Default "Missing Export Material" errors on importing or attaching

I'm having some trouble trying to merge 2 files together that each have iRay scene and material settings. On trying to import geometry via copy-and-paste, Import, or Insert as a block, on saving the result I get a number of "Missing Export Material" errors and on reopening the file all the iRay materials are broken , everything renders grey. If I try to use Worksessions, everything gets broken if I try to make the second file I attached "Active."

I was going to say that after some testing it was due to conflicting material names, but it seems not.

I'm going to need some more precise steps to reproduce. I tested with a basic scene and an Iray material with some cut and paste but didn't encounter any issue. Are you able to provide steps to reproduce?

It seems to be something specific to this file, but I haven't been able to track down if it's a problem with a particular object or a particular material(s)

Weirdly while trying to import/attach file B in file A doens't work except very isolated objects, importing file A into file B did work.