Thread: 2.53 - Stopping the queue triggers new jobs to start

Default 2.53 - Stopping the queue triggers new jobs to start

After updating to the latest version of Iray Server, 2.53, I noticed that when you press to stop the queue, you are then prompted to stop or let the current job finish, which is normal. However when you agree to stop that job, it stops that job, and then starts the next job in the queue, so the queue itself keeps triggering the next jobs even though the queue is in a stopped state.

Previously, stopping the queue would prevent any new jobs from starting from starting which is the desired behavior. Is this a known issue in the latest version?

I am not fully reproducing this issue. What I did find was that when I had some very quick jobs in the queue, if I stopped the queue, while I was in the process of stopping it was possible for the next job (or two if they were very fast jobs) to start, however once the queue was shown as stopped further jobs did not continue to process. If you add multiple copies of the benchmark job (from the resources page) to the queue (you can add one then copy the job), say 5, and do this test do you still see the behaviour?

These are my repro steps using the cornell_box job. To clarify, if you stop queue, it will stop the first job, the second job automatically starts, but if you manually stop the second job by pressing stop on the job itself once the queue is already stopped, that stops the second job and no new one will start. The problem seems to be specific to the Stop Queue Action.

1. Added the benchmark with default settings.
    2. Duplicate the benchmark and name it cornell_box2.
    3. Both jobs are in waiting state with queue stopped.
    4. Press Start Queue.
    5. Wait a few seconds until job reaches a decent percentage, for example 26% in my case.
    6. Press Stop Queue.
    7. At popup, choose to stop the job in progress.
    8. Job one stops, Job 2 automatically set to active, and starts rendering.
    9. Manually press stop on second job.

I've attached the log below. On the surface it looks like when you press stop queue it looks for active jobs, stops them specifically, then the worker is released and it is automatically assigned to the next job.

iray_log.zip
    Last edited by predatorgsr; 2nd July, 2019 at 02:42.

Thank you for the reproduction steps. We will report the issue to NVIDIA.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Thank you for the reproduction steps. We will report the issue to NVIDIA.
    This issue still exists in 2.54, do you have any updates on the status of this bug?

No update as yet, NVIDIA are aware of the issue. For future reference, you can find release notes for each version in:

C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Iray Server\doc\relnotes.pdf

So you can check what has been changed with each release.