Thread: crash

Default crash

hi. i just updated to the new bug-fix release.

i had the iray frame buffer open with production renderer, i accidently clicked on "matte" for the light i had selected, the frame buffer window started to re-render, i then un-checked "matte" for that light (there are also 5 instances of it) and when i un-checked matte, 3ds max crashed. i did not send the error report to autodesk, and the screen is still being displayed and i have an hour glass and when i click it all fades to white - meaning that the 3ds max program didn't entirely crash. i'll end-task out of it. max 2018 with all the latest updates.

i'm also finding that if i have the iray frame buffer open with the production render - not the interactive - and i make a change in the scene, for example i just changed the brightness of a light, it will re-render. is that expected behavior?

and when i try to stop that re-render, max will crash on me.

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this, I've been able to reproduce it. Dealing with your second comment first, no this is not expected behaviour and I think the fact that this is happening is ultimately leading to the crash you reported initially.

We'll have a look at it.

Thanks,
    Michael
    QA Engineer, Lightworks