Thread: motion blur in 2.0?

Default motion blur in 2.0?

hello, is motion blur working in 2.0?

Hmm, it should be, but it looks like it isn't... we'll have a look at this as a matter of priority.
    QA Engineer, Lightworks

Hi grue,

Motion blur should be working as expected when using the Iray+ Frame Buffer, in terms of the final image output. However, the Frame Buffer itself will only display each render separately as it progresses at this time.

However, while looking at this we've found that motion blur renders, or animation renders in general, will crash with this version when using the standard 3ds Max frame buffer. The workaround is to render these with the Iray+ Frame Buffer for now, but we are looking at this right now and will release an update as soon as we have fixed it.
    QA Engineer, Lightworks

thanks! ha, yep i experienced that crash when switching back to the standard frame buffer. thanks.

side question, when i render production using both iray frame buffers selected, i see the production render and the max progress bar, but then when the render is completed, the iray frame buffer refreshes and it renders a 2nd time. i'm not doing any changes at that time. it's just like it renders twice. no effects like DOF, just a standard "final" render still frame.

thanks,
    Last edited by grue19; 4th June, 2019 at 13:35.

Hi,

I've not been able to reproduce this so far. Are you seeing this every time or just some times? Is it dependent on the particular scene?

Michael
    QA Engineer, Lightworks

well, i'm using my startup scene (see attached). here's what i'm doing.

1. set auto-key for teapot on
    2. move to frame 20 or so
    3. move teapot from one spot to another
    4. turn auto-key off
    5. set target to: Production Rendering Mode renderer: iray+
    6. check the box for frame buffer Enable for Prod Rendering
    7. scrub to frame 17
    8. set standard camera from perspective view
    9. enable multipass effect in camera, set drop down to moblur
    10. see the settings in screen shot
    11. hit render and i see the iray frame buffer and it renders 12 times, each time the teapot moves but is "clear" no blur
    12. when render is done, it's clear, if i hit the save button from the iray frame buffer i get the image you see attached (clear no blur)

yep, when i tried with 3ds max frame buffer 3ds max crashed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	test.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	105.2 KB 
ID:	10685
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	moblurscreen.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	165.8 KB 
ID:	10686

also, if i hit the preview button in the camera multipass effect it will update my viewport showing the moblur.

Sorry, we were able to reproduce the first issue and are looking at that. When I said I had been unable to reproduce it so far I was referring to this:

side question, when i render production using both iray frame buffers selected, i see the production render and the max progress bar, but then when the render is completed, the iray frame buffer refreshes and it renders a 2nd time. i'm not doing any changes at that time. it's just like it renders twice. no effects like DOF, just a standard "final" render still frame.
    Michael
    QA Engineer, Lightworks

ah ok. i will look at again tomorrow to make sure it wasn't a fluke. today i did most of my renders in standard frame buffer.