Thread: this is the final version that will be released with 3ds Max 2017 support ?????

Unhappy this is the final version that will be released with 3ds Max 2017 support ?????

Hello developers,

if this is really serious, the last version of Iray 2.0 running with 3dsmax 2017 will be forced to switch to another renderer in our company in 2 years at the latest 2 years ago
    We have several more licenses for 3dsmax 2017 and we are sure that we will not switch to a rental license for all of us, which is more than enough for our purposes.
    i also bought iray licenses for the fima.
    I am very disappointed that you do not want to support the 2017 3dsmax version anymore
    I am certainly not the only one who thinks so! There are really good renderers on the market which still support 3dsmax 16 and older!

Regards Bernd
    Last edited by Bernd Haier; 24th May, 2019 at 20:27.

Can we update the licence of iray 2.0 this Version in one year. I Need only a licecne Update. This Version is great for me.

cheeers
    thorsten
    Infinity Vision Home: http://www.infinity-vision.de

Photostudio Pro: http://www.infinity-vision.de/software/photo-studio/
    ShaderUtilities Pro: http://www.infinity-vision.de/software/shader-utilities/
    Render Optimizer: http://www.infinity-vision.de/software/render-optimizer/

Even better would be a lifetime license for 3dsmax 2017 iray 2.0 !

But unfortunately missing in the 2.0 still a lot of things that I would like in the 2.0 for 3dsmax 2017 would have!

1. If substance player is installed, the Iray renderer wants to stop working!
    2. Substance cooperation with IRAY
    3. Quixel cooperation with IRAY
    4. Max internal fluid system 100% cooperation with IRAY
    5. Alembic cooperation with IRAY
    6. Hair and for cooperation with IRAY
    7 Bloom Filter is not in the PNG alpha channel in it
    8. Frozen objects and hide he still shows in final and active rendering
    15. Motion blur and motion blur with DOF together
    16. static noise pattern then it will not flicker on animation.

Regrads Bernd
    Last edited by Bernd Haier; 25th May, 2019 at 14:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernd Haier View Post
    Hello developers,

if this is really serious, the last version of Iray 2.0 running with 3dsmax 2017 will be forced to switch to another renderer in our company in 2 years at the latest 2 years ago
    We have several more licenses for 3dsmax 2017 and we are sure that we will not switch to a rental license for all of us, which is more than enough for our purposes.
    i also bought iray licenses for the fima.
    I am very disappointed that you do not want to support the 2017 3dsmax version anymore
    I am certainly not the only one who thinks so! There are really good renderers on the market which still support 3dsmax 16 and older!

Regards Bernd
    Hi Bernd,

We have always had a policy of only supporting the most recent 3 versions of 3ds Max. With Autodesk releasing a new version each year, this does mean we have to drop support for versions older than 3 years. As 3ds Max 2020 is now available, this means the 3 officially supported versions are 2020, 2019 an 2018.

Having said that. the differences between these version of the plugin and the version for 2017 are minimal, and the Beta version had been available for 3ds Max 2017 as well, so for that reason we decided to support a release for this version too.

We've talked about this and we've decided we can certainly look at continuing to release 3ds Max 2017 versions with future releases, but that these will be "legacy" versions that don't receive the same level of support. As I say, at the moment the differences between versions are minimal and so everything should probably work fine, but if we continue to do this in the future (particularly after 3ds Max 2021 is released for example) then at some point we will be forced to drop these releases. But for the time being I think we can probably keep releasing 3ds Max 2017 builds in this way.

We'll think about this some more and decide how we will do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorsten Hartmann View Post
    Can we update the licence of iray 2.0 this Version in one year. I Need only a licecne Update. This Version is great for me.

cheeers
    thorsten
    Hi Thorsten,

Yes, the licence mechanism we use now will continue to work and should still work for all versions back as far as 1.6.
    QA Engineer, Lightworks

Thank you for your answer Michael!

Of course I would be very happy if it would go on for a while with 3dsmax 2017

Sorry if I do not currently post so much and answer very slowly I have a lot to do

Gruss Bernd
    Last edited by Bernd Haier; 4th June, 2019 at 11:07.

Another idea for it

Maybe someday you can do a stand alone version of IRAY+ ? !
    Then all 3D programs could benefit from it without problems of the versions!

Regards Bernd