Thread: Iray Server 2.52 Released

Default Iray Server 2.52 Released

Iray Server 2.52 has been released. To download you can use the Try link on the website. This version supports the following Iray releases:

• Iray 2017.1.x
    • Iray 2018.0.x
    • Iray 2018.1.2

If you are using an older version of Iray then you should not update your version of Iray Server.

This version introduces farming functionality which allows you to distribute frames of animation jobs to individual servers rather than splitting each frame across the machines.

Licensing has been switched to RLM based licensing now. Your original FLEXlm licenses will still work so there is no need to change over however if you need to migrate to a new machine please contact us for assistance.

Thank You!

Best!
    Nik

Can you tell me if the RTX 2080 video card is supported by this version? I gave this a try a while back and noticed that a system that I have that has multiple Quadros in it saw the video cards just fine. However, my system with an RTX 2080 was scene as a CPU only node. If, so I may give it a try again. Thank you.

Yes, the RTX cards are supported (though in this version the RT Core hardware in them is not used, just the CUDA cores). Make sure you have the latest driver installed, also I am unsure what will happen if you are mixing Quadro and GeForce in one host. We have no issues with the RTX cards in Iray Server so far though and they are detected for us as long as the appropriate driver is installed.