Thread: Tonemapping adjustments not updating instantly

Default Tonemapping adjustments not updating instantly

I've just noticed a small issue. On making changes to the exposure settings, the iRay view doesn't get updated--well, maybe it does once in a while or right at first--until a mouse click occurs outside the Settings dialog, usually in the Iray view but not necessarily always.

I just tried updating Rhino V6 to the latest SR13 and it's still there, though right at first on opening the file it did work as expected for a minute or less.

I assume you are referring to the interactive viewport rendering, if so I do not reproduce this in my tests here.

If I try it on a simple file, it initially does work, but after a minute or two of fiddling it eventually does stop updating.

The only issue I can is that it does not interactively update if the convergence threshold has already been reached, however in that case navigating or triggering the render to restart should update it. This is not idea since tone-mapping changes can be made without restarting the rendering however it seems that it does not occur if the image has converged. That is a bug, though I am not sure when it would be addressed. One way around it would be to just increase the max iterations a little to let it keep rendering and update.

If you are seeing a lack of update before it is converged then it would be something different.