Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Iray for 3ds Max 1.8 is released

Especially in 3dsmax 2017 De-noise tested with 4x1080Ti, works fine !!

Regards Bernd

Thumbs up Thx you for update !!!

Great update Thx you !

AI Denoiser now works better with bright highlights = Great !

AI Denoiser now works with HDR images = Great !

Added Bloom post-processing filter = Love it !

Added Backplate Mesh option for geometry = finally without shadow backplate Love it !

Added new Iray for 3ds Max toolbar for quick access to dialogs and features = nice

Bitmap cropping/placement parameters are now supported = Great !

Enabled binary compression for MI/IVM export resulting in faster re-load times. = nice

Multi/Sub-object material now correctly marked as compatible with Iray+ = finally yeeees love it !

Iray+ Colour Correction map now has all parameters exposed Yeeees Great !

Fixed a bug where Iray+ procedural map previews were broken in 3ds Max 2019 nice

Regards Bernd

Test in 3dsamx 2019 with 4 x1080ti So far no problems and de-noise works fine ! no error on glass

almost no crashes when you open active shade window, render and close ! Great ! that had annoyed me very much !

next test on home pc with 3 x TitanX and Itoo Forest

regards Bernd
    Last edited by Bernd Haier; 15th August, 2018 at 13:06.

Hello,

I just downloaded trial version today for 3ds max 2019. I am testing it and it seems denoising is not working. I am using 2x1080ti with latest graphics drivers. I am using Iray+ as renderer not Iray+ interactive.
    And AI Denoise is turned on but I still see my image is not denoised. It looks same with or without AI-Denoise. Scene is simple glass with one light source and no environment. If I use IBL environment then It is same. What could be the issue?

Is Maya and 3ds max versions same or different? I see Maya version is 2.1 and it has "Faster animation Rendering"

Can we also please have this for latest 3ds max version? I also would like to have DOF and motionblur together. Right now 3ds max standard camera doesn't expose both controls together.

I am on trial version but after trial I am going to purchase it.
    It's good to be back at iray again.

Hi,

Are you sure you have the cards selected as local render devices? If you are only rendering on the CPU then the denoising is not available. Please check what you have selected here:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	38.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	31.1 KB 
ID:	10516

The plugin version numbers for 3ds Max and for Maya are not related to each other, so 1.8 vs 2.1 doesn't really mean anything in this context. The "faster animation rendering" is most likely to do with the Maya integration rather than with Iray itself, so again I don't think this is relevant to Max.

The request about being able to control DOF and motion blur together is an improvement we have planned, but thanks for letting us know you want this too as it helps us assess priority.

Michael
    Last edited by MichaelBellamy; 6th September, 2018 at 12:17.
    QA Engineer, Lightworks

Thanks for reply. Actually AI Denoiser didn't work because I had Finalrender GPU was installed and it somehow makes AI Denoiser not working in any renderer. I uninstalled it and it works again now.
    I must say iray is great in terms lighting/shading and preserving energy into shaders. It's good to be back at iray again. Here is my first work with iray+ https://vimeo.com/288562232 (have used it before but iray only)

DOF and motionblur together will be awesome. As it be very useful.

Also I see that maya has Cap feature for iray section. Can 3ds max also have cap feature for iray section? I do a lot of machine rendering and can really use this cap feature to create capped section render.
    I tested section rendering and it just works perfect.

Thanks for continuing to develop such great plugin.

Just to add here : I found this yesterday night. Iray+ can render thinking particles in 3ds max directly. I mean it just works fine without need of exporting to alembic or making thinking particles group as objects. It's amazing.
    Just one question, Does iray+ support any type of instancing? (I haven't tested this yet)

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by jhjariwala View Post
    Also I see that maya has Cap feature for iray section. Can 3ds max also have cap feature for iray section? I do a lot of machine rendering and can really use this cap feature to create capped section render.
    This is on our roadmap and we hope to be implementing this in the near future.

Does iray+ support any type of instancing?
    Yes we do support this. If you instance an object in 3ds Max then it should be instanced by Iray at render time as well to reduce memory usage.

Thanks,
    Michael
    QA Engineer, Lightworks