Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iray for Rhino 1.5 build 367 Released

Default Iray for Rhino 1.5 build 367 Released

We are happy to announce a new update for Iray for Rhino 1.5 for Rhino 5 and 6. This is a bugfix release and has the following changes:

• Fixes issue where settings dialog would not open on machines with 10 or more CPU threads/cores

Please uninstall the previous release and any old NVIDIA versions of the plugin prior to installing. Future versions will do this automatically but for now you must manually uninstall. You can obtain the update through the regular Buy/Try links on the website:

Buy: https://www.irayplugins.com/iray-for-rhino/buy.php
    Try: https://www.irayplugins.com/iray-for-rhino/try.php

Please post any issues to the forum. Most users should update to this release as soon as possible.

I did have one random crash with this this morning...haven't been able to narrow down the circumstances yet.

Keep us advised if you see more or know what you were doing at the time.

I've narrowed down one consistent crash, at least on this model. I have iRay active in a viewport, do a render, then close the render window, now the iRay viewport won't update anymore, and switching the iray view mode off and on results in a crash. Just tried it with a box in a new scene and did indeed get the crash, V6.
    Last edited by jcarruthers; 11th July, 2018 at 03:36.

I can repo that on a trivial seen as well, thanks for the exact instructions, we'll file a bug.

A fix for this issue will be in the next build.

I'm noticing a problem now where manipulating views other than the iRay viewport, while it's not completed its passes, will trigger a redraw on the iRay view.

Not sure I understand, if you make changes then Iray picks those up and tries to show them, regardless of which viewport you make them in.

I mean I'm not changing anything, just panning/zooming other viewports. It stops once the iRay viewport has completed.

Currently this is the way the plugin works, view changes in other viewports are treated as a change in the scene. I don't believe this behaviour has changed with the recent release. I am a little unclear on why this is a problem, if you are wanting to render to completion wouldn't you use the production render mode instead?

If the desire it to be able to continue using Rhino while Iray is rendering, currently the plugin treats any manipulation of Rhino (including viewport changes) as a potential change and so triggers a re-start in the rendering process.