Thread: Batch Render EXR not JPG?

Default Batch Render EXR not JPG?

I am using trial version of Iray for Maya. I rendered my scene with batch file and set to render jpg files in Common files but Iray rendering in .EXR extension. How I could set Iray so it will render in actual jpeg?

That's strange. Can you share the scene?

Thank you, for your reply. I took screenshots. My scene was rendered in .EXR format while I want in jpeg. If I open .EXR rendered file in photoshop it showing it in Maya's sRGB preview quality while I want raw image. Maya's Settings set to save raw images. If I convert same .EXR (that I opened in PS) to jpeg from an online service , it converting it to jpeg that looks same as raw image that I want. If you look to the screenshots the last image is raw image converted from online service.
    Thank you.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	317.5 KB 
ID:	10420

Name:	03.jpg 
Size:	561.4 KB 
ID:	10422

Name:	04.jpg 
Size:	269.0 KB 
ID:	10423

Name:	Crator003__99000001.jpg 
Size:	296.9 KB 
ID:	10424
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 02.jpg  
    Last edited by wrashidd; 3rd May, 2018 at 21:52.

This is not easy to debug without the scene. Please can you share it? Or even send us the log-file. (When using command line rendering type Render -r Iray -log nameOfLog.log scenename.mb) This will create a text file named nameOfLog.log. Please send this file to us. But getting the scene will make life much easier. Btw, you can delete the landscape and replace it with a sphere. Guess this wouldn't change the behaviour how the output image will be written.

Regards

Chris

This is the same bug as here : https://www.irayplugins.com/forum/sh...-format-broken
    For some reason has not been fixed in IFM 2.0

The bug always happen when the render-settings window is docked, the file format displayed are from Maya software not IFM, so JPG is selected for Maya software but not for IFM ...
    Pascal ANDRE
    --------------------
    Maya 2018.2, Windows 7, 128 GB RAM
    4x GTX 1070, driver 388.31
    --------------------

Understood. I just archived my entire project folder and you will find the scene as usual at scenes folder. I could not figure out how to upload my 254 mb archive here. There are image, video and link buttons for attachments but there is no for files. I emailed my scene to support@irayplugins.com and also you can also access it from my google drive:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-eC...ew?usp=sharing

Wrashidd, as I have just said in previous post, your issue is because of a known bug (I can see the UI bug in your screenshot)
    you think you have selected JPG as output format but you have not because of a bug in the UI displaying Maya software formats list instead of IRAY format.
    This bug happen when the render-settings window is docked in the UI, so you just need to undock it and maybe reload the scene to get the correct list and select JPG (Iray JPG)

https://www.irayplugins.com/forum/sh...-format-broken
    Pascal ANDRE
    --------------------
    Maya 2018.2, Windows 7, 128 GB RAM
    4x GTX 1070, driver 388.31
    --------------------

As Pascal noted, there is a bug if the render settings are docked.

Thanks Pascal!

Hi wrashidd,

do you already have the problem or is it fixed?