Thread: Google compute /GPUs batch works, Streaming won't in DS

Default Google compute /GPUs batch works, Streaming won't in DS

I cannot for the life of me get streaming rendering to work. It connects I can do batch renders, but turn off the batch mode and says streaming is enabled, but dang if it won't work in Daz3d. In DS it just says at the bottom "preparig scene" and just loops that forever. It's not a bandwidth thing, I'm on att gigafiber google is 1gb connection so it's like I'm local network speed to google compute.

Any hints or tips? Google compute firewall i even set to allow all ports and turned off windows firewall to try and see if it was a port thing. It's running as admin, etc, etc.

Streaming should in theory work since Google only has P100 and K80 cards which are both supported for streaming. We have not tested Iray Server on Google Compute, however we do have a pre-configured Iray Server offering on Nimbix and we have had no issues there with streaming (although we haven't specifically used that with DAZ3D).

Without another Iray application to test it's difficult to say if the issue is because of DAZ3D or the Google Cloud configuration. Are you running Windows or Linux on the server-side? You mentioned disabling the Windows Firewall however I wasn't clear on whether that was on the client or server side.

Yea it's running windows server 2016. I've thought about trying it at nimbix, I just already have google compute billing, etc running for other things.

Would it be possible for someone to test Daz3d with Nimbix to see if it works? Because I cannot understand why it's not working on GC... Batch works fine. 15yr IT guy and i'm stuck lol

Actually, I just went to test it on Nimbix in DAZ3D and saw the Nimbix hostname details were already there, so I did actually test it with Nimbix the previous time. I recall it took a long time to upload the content to the server but did work (I am based in Australia so upload times to US servers can be substantial, you shouldn't have that issue). I am not so familiar with DAZ3D but I was able to bring up a status dialog which showed that various textures etc were being uploaded.

They do still seem to flag their Bridge support as BETA so I am not sure if there are known issues with it, that would be a question for the DAZ3D team.

Thanks Paul