Thread: My Iray for Maya License

Default My Iray for Maya License

This is absolutely ridiculous. I have been trying to get in touch with ANYONE in customer service regarding my Iray for Maya account for weeks, and apparently NO ONE has any answers! What kind of customer service is this?? You pay $300 for ONE product and can't get a simple question answered?? Can anyone on here help me figure out if my Iray for Maya floating license has expired??? I have talked to about 5 different people who said it doesn't expire, but for some reason it isn't working - but then 1 person threw out a random date and said it expired after a year & 4 months +1week???

I am sorry to hear that no one is answering your question. Please apologize.

Iray for Maya licenses are annual licenses, meaning that they expire after one year. The expire date of the "technical" license can be found in the license file resp. license text you got. Why the expire date looks random I can't tell you, because NVIDIA made them in the past.

Thank you for your response. Is there any way I can have a free trial so I can see if I would like to re-purchase iray?

Sorry for answering late.

We will release Iray for Maya 2.0 in a few days. It comes with a 30 days trial license and I like to recommend to test that version. I will inform you as soon as it is available.

Default Manual for the Iray plugin

I am new to Maya, about three months, and I just installed a trial of the Iray render plugin because I will try and sell my props to Daz3d which uses the Iray render engine. But, test runs are not looking good. Is there a manual for this plugin?

Thanks a lot.

Hi Mr Bradley,

i assume you work with Maya 2018 and you use Iray for Maya 2.0 on Windows. You find the documentation in C:\Program Files\[0x1]\Iray for Maya 2018\docs\User Guide
    Also you find a few tutorial videos here: http://www.0x1-software.com/en/produ.../tutorial.html

What do you exactly mean by "the test runs are not looking good"? Please let me know, maybe I have a hint.

Regards

Chris