Thread: Make a wish! Cryptomatte

Default Make a wish! Cryptomatte

Hi, good to see that the forum is up and running. Just in time before Christmas.

The LPE functionality in Iray is great, but sometimes you need a one click solution for masking everything.
    My first wish for 2018 ;-) please implement https://github.com/Psyop/Cryptomatte in Iray.

It works great in other packages. And i think in combination with LPE`s it is great production booster.

Happy holidays!

Hi bakerman,

welcome to the new forum. I hope you like it.

We already added Cryptomatte to the feature list. Not sure if we can make it for the next release, but it has a high priority.

Merry Christmas

Christoph

Hi Christoph,

That`s good news! Thanks for the fast respond.

Hi bakerman,

have you tried already the automatic object id and material id canvases?

The object id canvas uses the labels in transform and shape nodes, which are generated using a hash value of the name of the node if not set explicitely. The data is stored a single RGBA color image and not that sophistcally as Cryptomatte does. However, may be this helps a bit until Cryptomattes are available in Iray.

Best
    -Thomas

Hi Thomas,

thanks for the tip. I am already using both, sometimes. The real problem is picking or selecting the different color values and creating a proper mask with transparency and so on.
    For example in Fusion or Nuke.
    IDmattes_poster.pdf