Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vitre IFM Maya 2017 réduit.png 
Views:	94 
Size:	521.5 KB 
ID:	8656

Thank you,

Olivier

rossh Guest

Yes, this appears to be a bug. Should be fixed in the next release of the plugin.

rossh Guest

Actually it isn't a bug, you just have to make adjustments in your scene to work with the scene units you are using.

We have a Legacy option in Iray Common render settings tab, Ignore scene units. This will work but it's really just for making older scenes still work as is after we fixed a bug with scene units.

But the correct way is to set the Advanced Clarity value in the Automotive_Glass (or if using an ifmDielectric material, the Volume Scale). Set the value to the number of Metres* per MANY unit. so for instance, if you are using CM, set this value to 0.01 (100cm to the metre). Then the saturation should work as expected...

*Metre - international spelling if you are from the US. ;-)

osc Guest

Hello,

I couldn't set Clarity to 0.01. I can only adjust the parameters with the slider, not by typing the value (except for integers)... And the slider's minimum Clarity value is : 0.1
    That problem occurs with all the mdl material parameters : integers are the only values I'm allowed to type ; float numbers are rejected...

So, last about the automotive glass rendering, the glass remains transparent if there is no object behind...Is that a bug ?

Thank you,

Olivier
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AutomotiveGlass.png  

cberndt Guest

Hi Oliver,

which version of Iray for Maya are you using? I'm testing it with the last release (IrayForMaya 2016 Release 93 -> see it in Maya Output Window after the plugin is loaded) and there I can set the Clarity attribute to 0.001.

Please can you explain to me what you mean by: "So, last about the automotive glass rendering, the glass remains transparent if there is no object behind". I'm not sure what you mean by that.

Regards

Chris

osc Guest

Hi Chris,

I will check the release this evening.
    By "transparent when no objects behind" I mean the glas only shows green reflects on the yellow sphere and on the brick floor, and not on the grey background. I would show I guess if there was a grey wall behind, instead of the background.

Regards,

Olivier

osc Guest

Hi Chris,

I'm in release 73 and when I check for updates, the nVidia Prof. Appl. Center doesn't propose me any...

Olivier

fuchs Guest

Have you updated the PAC?

tkollig Guest

HI!

I assume that you are using Maya 2017. Iray for Maya 2017 Release 73 is the latest version.

Can you send the scene? I will look at it tomorrow.

tkollig Guest

First of all, I had already the issue that typing ".1" doesn't work in Maya and I had to type ",1" . I think it's a language setting. Furthermore have you tried to type e.g. a parameter of a transform node with a floating number?

I assume that you get these greenish tone because you have a simple plane. the material automotive_glass seems to be (haven't rechecked it in the MDL code) for real modelled glass, i.e. it has to have a thickness. If this material is used on a simple plane, each refracted ray will be handled as inside the material until it hits - may be after a lot of scatter events - the plane again.

Exchange the simple plane with a thin cube, and you will get the desired result.