Thread: Trial licensing problem

alonso.entrerrios Guest

Default Trial licensing problem

Hello,
    I have just installed Iray for maya 2017 for the first time. When opening maya and trying to load the plugin it complain that there is no valid license and opens the licensing manager.
    I'm unsure if I have to do something else, though from what I have read it should have installed a trial license automatically.

This is the output that I get:
    Loading IrayForMaya 2017 Release 72 ...
    0.0 API misc info : Loaded "/opt/nvidia/IrayForMaya2017/plug-ins/lib/libneuray.so"
    0.0 API misc info : Iray 2016.3.2, build 278300.12584, 23 Mar 2017, linux-x86-64-gcc4
    0.0 PLUG plug info : Loaded library "/opt/nvidia/IrayForMaya2017/plug-ins/lib/license_manager.so".
    0.0 PLUG plug info : Loaded library "/opt/nvidia/IrayForMaya2017/plug-ins/lib/axf_importer.so".
    0.0 PLUG plug info : Loaded library "/opt/nvidia/IrayForMaya2017/plug-ins/lib/nvcuvid_video_decoder.so".
    0.0 PLUG plug info : Loaded library "/opt/nvidia/IrayForMaya2017/plug-ins/lib/nv_freeimage.so".
    0.0 PLUG plug info : Loaded library "/opt/nvidia/IrayForMaya2017/plug-ins/lib/iray_bridge_client.so".
    0.0 PLUG plug info : Loaded library "/opt/nvidia/IrayForMaya2017/plug-ins/lib/libiray.so".
    0.0 PLUG plug info : Loaded library "/opt/nvidia/IrayForMaya2017/plug-ins/lib/libirt.so".
    0.0 PLUG plug info : Loaded library "/opt/nvidia/IrayForMaya2017/plug-ins/lib/mi_exporter.so".
    0.1 CUDA rend info : Found 1 CUDA device.
    0.1 RESTRI misc error: creating licensing object failed: [1,7e0,3,0[74200001,0,120101ad]] Unable to locate FlxCore/FlxCore64 library.
    0.1 LMGR plug info : Plugin "nvidia license manager" (build 278300.12584, 23 Mar 2017) initialized
    0.1 RESTRI misc error: enabling clock windback detection: [1,7e0,3,0[70000001,0,1209007e]] One of the input parameters is bad.
    0.1 RESTRI misc info : Checking out trial license failed
    0.1 LMGR plug error: No valid License found for product "IRAY.MAYA"

Do you have any idea of what might be happening?
    Thanks

fuchs Guest

Sorry to hear that.
    Is that a Linux or a Windows machine?
    Is it the very first install on this computer?

alonso.entrerrios Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fuchs View Post
    Sorry to hear that.
    Is that a Linux or a Windows machine?
    Is it the very first install on this computer?
    Thanks for the reply. It's a linux machine. First time trying iray. I have reinstalled the plugin several times testing if I could make it work, but none of them detected a license.

Thanks!

fuchs Guest

This might be the reason. There was an issue with trials on Linux.
    We will send you a 90 day license on Monday.
    Sorry for that.

fuchs Guest

You have a PM.
    If you send me your email address via PM I can send you a PDF on how to activate your licene.
    Last edited by fuchs; 20th June, 2017 at 19:58.

alonso.entrerrios Guest

Thanks a lot. I am not able to send a private message, I get an error saying that I might not have permission to do so. Is there any setting that I have missed to activate?
    Thanks a lot!