Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mental Ray for 3ds Max 2018 Now Available - and Incldued with Iray for 3ds Max

Phillip Miller Guest

Default Mental Ray for 3ds Max 2018 Now Available - and Incldued with Iray for 3ds Max

We’re proud to announce that NVIDIA Mental Ray for 3ds Max is now available for download here: http://www.nvidia.com/object/mental-ray-3ds-max.html

NVIDIA Mental Ray for 3ds Max is fully functional and free for you to use while you are working within 3ds Max. If a license is purchased, it enables all forms of network rendering, Mental Ray Standalone and Satellite modes, as well as the separately available Iray for 3ds Max plug-in product.

Existing owners of Iray for 3ds Max will find that their current licenses will work for Mental Ray for 3ds Max as well automatically with no licensing change. Your resulting license is now actually Iray and Mental Ray for 3ds Max.

In bringing this to market, we’re also taking the opportunity to standardize how our products are being licensed. With Mental Ray for Maya we introduced the Pro-GPU license type and 5-Pack volume options. Both of these are now available for 3ds Max as well. Conversely, local standard licenses are now available for Mental Ray for Maya. Please note that it will be the next release of Iray for 3ds Max (version 2, scheduled for the end of May) that will be able to use the new Pro-GPU license.

Finally, the pricing for floating/network licenses has been increased by about 1/3 to be more in line with industry norms. This is to cover the additional support costs we have in making customers successful with this enterprise licensing type.

- Phil

Kyyn Guest

Good news, thanks !!

Anyway at least for me, download is not working for Mental Ray for 3ds Max 2018

thorsten hartmann Guest

Hi NVIDIA-Team,

the download is not working. Here a Screen shot.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	error.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	576.9 KB 
ID:	9361

mfg
    thorsten

NikNastev Guest

I can't download Mental Ray for 3ds Max 2018:

I got this error with selected option for 3ds max -> * Which version of Mental Ray would you like to download?

Best!
    Nik

Roky Guest

i have the same problem .
    that Thorsten and Nik have

paoloray Guest

Select for download together iray for 3ds max 2018 and iray for Maya.
    After it work an send you email With link.

Phillip Miller Guest

Yes - this is the current workaround - request a Maya along with your 3ds Max and you will get the download information for both.

We're working to get the form corrected.

skafimsk Guest

Default no mental ray 3.14 for 3dsmax 2016 or 2017 ??

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Miller View Post
    Yes - this is the current workaround - request a Maya along with your 3ds Max and you will get the download information for both.

We're working to get the form corrected.
    Hello, is mental ray only compatible with 3dsmax 2018 ??

Phillip Miller Guest

Yes, this is only for 3ds Max 2018
    It is not possible for us to update previous 3ds Max versions because Mental Ray was not previously in "plugin form" in 3ds Max for us to replace or update.
    Going forward, we will support multiple 3ds Max versions (e.g., Max 2018 will remain supported as we update for Max 2019 and Max 2020).

- Phil

kibrituss Guest

I would like to learn that "Does Iray support Multi sub map" or still you guys did not solve it. I'm using max 2016 and Multi sub does not work with Iray.

sincerely

Hüseyin Durak, MFA
    3D Animator, Art Director

Kibrit Creative Solutions
    3D Animation Studios
    3D Animasyon Şirketi
    GPU Based Render Farm