Thread: Maya 2017 Update 3 has an issue with batch rendering

fuchs Guest

Default Maya 2017 Update 3 has an issue with batch rendering

Just in case you experienced this.
    The Maya batch render command is broken in 2017 Update 3, or to be more precise the -im attribute is crashing Maya.
    here is a way to fix it:
    https://knowledge.autodesk.com/suppo...-Update-3.html

jcdsgn3 Guest

Thanks Fuchs.. ill keep this in mind if mental ray ever works for me.
    so I have maya 2017 and "downloaded" mental ray from NVIDIA web site...I have updated MAYA with 1,2 and 3 updates...restarted etc etc. maya still isn't seeing mental ray in the plug in manager. super frustrating. am I missing something?

thanks
    J

atomac Guest

Thank`s for the tip!

fuchs Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jcdsgn3 View Post
    Thanks Fuchs.. ill keep this in mind if mental ray ever works for me.
    so I have maya 2017 and "downloaded" mental ray from NVIDIA web site...I have updated MAYA with 1,2 and 3 updates...restarted etc etc. maya still isn't seeing mental ray in the plug in manager. super frustrating. am I missing something?

thanks
    J
    Let me forward that to the right people, they may not see this her in this forum

jstalians Guest

Default Autodesk

I believe that Autodesk in an attempt to weed out ppl using Mental ray removed the ability to use Sequence rendering with update 3, Batch rendering was never supposed to work without a licensed copy of Mental Ray and it works fine with a licensed copy as does Sequence.
    Render Sequence was the workaround, but Autodesk put a stop to that as well they were being nice and protecting Nvidia, again you need a licensed copy to use that feature.
    Unlicensed no longer works and even though Arnold still allows Sequence rendering without a watermark, no batch rendering without a licensed copy as well.
    Thanks Autodesk,