Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Iray for Rhino Gallery

warmacre Guest

Thanks Debora.

Regards,
    Tony

nippon Guest

info@nippon-design.comHello. We're doing a rendering using Iray for Rhino, too.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Images_nippon.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	447.3 KB 
ID:	7756http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=10717480

ruediger Guest

@jcarruthers and @warmacre:

I was massively (ab)using the computation power of the NVIDIA VCA cluster that we have for testing. I used the thick transluscent material. I set the IOR to 1.0 and made a cube that is around my scene. Then make sure that you set transmission color to pure white. Also make sure to set Volume color to pure white. You can of course try tinting the volume by playing around with the transmission and volume color, but for regular clouds, fog and dust I recommend setting it to pure white.

Set reflection weight to 0, we do not need it.

When you are rendering, set the volume reference distance high enough, so you can actually see through the fog, otherwise your image will look like the second example (or even worse...)

As I said, rendering times are really high until your volume noise resolves, so start your rendering before going to bed (or spending a nice weekend on the countryside, leaving your machine at home rendering....)

I should do a tutorial or a video for this once... Anyhow, I hope this helped already.

Best Regards,
    Rüdiger

Name:	Thick_transluscent_volumetric_material_too_thick.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	48.4 KB 
ID:	7777Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Thick_transluscent_volumetric_material.png 
Views:	146 
Size:	517.0 KB 
ID:	7776
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Thick_transluscent_volumetric_material_too_thick.jpg  

warmacre Guest

Thanks Rüdiger. I suspected it was something like that.

I will try this out on a smaller scale I think.

Tony

Angus_Luissen Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ruediger View Post
    @jcarruthers and @warmacre:

I was massively (ab)using the computation power of the NVIDIA VCA cluster that we have for testing. I used the thick transluscent material. I set the IOR to 1.0 and made a cube that is around my scene. Then make sure that you set transmission color to pure white. Also make sure to set Volume color to pure white. You can of course try tinting the volume by playing around with the transmission and volume color, but for regular clouds, fog and dust I recommend setting it to pure white.

Set reflection weight to 0, we do not need it.

When you are rendering, set the volume reference distance high enough, so you can actually see through the fog, otherwise your image will look like the second example (or even worse...)

As I said, rendering times are really high until your volume noise resolves, so start your rendering before going to bed (or spending a nice weekend on the countryside, leaving your machine at home rendering....)

I should do a tutorial or a video for this once... Anyhow, I hope this helped already.

Best Regards,
    Rüdiger

hey great Idea. ill try it with my scene for the contest using my stand alone K2200 ¬¬ ill post the results when its done ....

ruediger Guest

Default VR interior rendering

Rendering using the VR lens in Iray for Rhino

Name:	Archint_spherical_04_2000x1000.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	608.7 KB 
ID:	8188

steven lomenech Guest

Great! could you tell me with which software you can visualize this kind of picture?

ruediger Guest

If you have a tablet, zou could use the NVIDIA VR viewer. Also the GoPro VR Player 2.0 which is free is useful for viewing.

steven lomenech Guest

Ok Thanks!

Angus_Luissen Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ruediger View Post
    Rendering using the VR lens in Iray for Rhino
    Mr. Ruediger, let me tell you taht is a great interior render.

( BTW have you nottice that at the columns ( the one with the oriental painting and the the other on the opposite side) you have there some "ghost lights". i mean invisible lights without a real source. however that just a small detail. the whole scene is great.

i was wondering if the whole scene was rendered directly with Iray or maybe you have some post production (color balance, light effects, or something).