Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Floating licenses: Issues setting up license server

NikNastev Guest

Hi David

Do we have any news on issue with 2 Network cards?

BR!
    Nik

DavidM Guest

Hi Nik,

We have an update in the works that should fix License Manager problems with a missing MAC address. I'm not sure whether or not this directly addresses the 2-NIC problem you are seeing with respect to the FlexNet service. I'll ask the engineer on Monday.

3D-Hai Guest

and use not firefox i have so many reg problem with him
    internet explorer run reg fine !

regards Bernd

aldes82 Guest

hello I too have the same problem I purchased a floating license for 3dmax iray + and I put the mac and everything you need but it tells me that is not the correct license file, and since I only have 40 of the license free days, I begin worrying since I contacted them nvidia referent in Italian without rispostaoltre everything I need to strength why im buy nvidia vca server in my farm....

DavidM Guest

Hello aldes82,

Are you by chance trying to load a floating license into the Iray License Manager? Please be certain that you have correctly installed the Flexera FlexNet license manager as described in sections 4 and 5 of the license manager documentation. Once the license server is running, you can use the license manager to obtain a license from there for each workstation.

Please let me know if you have any problems, and we will try to provide assistance as quickly as possible.

mak21 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by aldes82 View Post
    hello I too have the same problem I purchased a floating license for 3dmax iray + and I put the mac and everything you need but it tells me that is not the correct license file, and since I only have 40 of the license free days, I begin worrying since I contacted them nvidia referent in Italian without rispostaoltre everything I need to strength why im buy nvidia vca server in my farm....
    Hi Alders82 I made e tutorial for how to work the float licence
    the tutorial is in italian Language.

seancarnell Guest

Hi David

I have the same problem is there any way you can contact me to sort this issue out regards Sean Carnell

DavidM Guest

Hi Sean,

I'm happy to help. Check your private messages here for my direct contact info.

To help expedite troubleshooting, please send me your license file and the result of running at the command line of your license server system: ipconfig /all

David

gabrielefx Guest

this is really CRAZY!
    I never encountered a so complex authorization or licensing issues in 30 years of computer use.
    1st - Requesting license on Nvidia license site is really absurd, there isn't a step-by-step explanation
    2nd - Now from this forum I read that I need to install Flexera service and I have to download it from amazon web paths no mentioned nowhere.
    3rd - Ok, I found the paths doing a google search because on my Windows 10 there is no reference to the pdf manual that the user shows in the video.
    4th - Flexera service asks me to insert login and password that it's admin:admin...Well, every time I put this credentials the service crashes through Firefox. I was able to put admin:admin only one time through Chrome but after having tried to change the pw the service crashed.

I really don't know how to authorize my iray copy and I can't understand why this authorization process is so complicated!

EDIT:
    every time I enter the new password to reset the default "admin" I receive a red string error that says: "your old password is incorrect".
    I can't pass this step, I can't complete the licensing process, I tried everything also using another browser on another machine.

regards
    Last edited by gabrielefx; 6th May, 2016 at 12:51.

DavidM Guest

Hi "gabrielefx".

I'm sorry to hear about all the trouble you're having. I'll try to address your concerns one-by-one and get you going as quickly as possible.

Some questions first:
    - Do you require a floating license? (Node-locked licenses dramatically simplify the process.)
    - Did your product download (NVIDIAIrayfor3dsMax2016v1.01.zip) include "nvidia_iray_license_manager_documentation.zip "?

1st - Requesting license on Nvidia license site is really absurd, there isn't a step-by-step explanation
    We're discovering that there are several pitfalls here, especially related to floating licenses. The tool serves several teams and products, but it would make sense for us to simplify the interface for Iray specifically. I'm pulling together some notes to help others avoid the frustration you're experiencing.

2nd - Now from this forum I read that I need to install Flexera service and I have to download it from amazon web paths no mentioned nowhere.
    3rd - Ok, I found the paths doing a google search because on my Windows 10 there is no reference to the pdf manual that the user shows in the video.
    Floating licenses add tremendous flexibility for companies with multiple users, but at the initial cost of setting up an enterprise-level service. The license server (FlexNet Publisher) has been around for decades in various forms and is very familiar to studios that have deployed floating licenses for their 3D tools. I think the provided documentation is inadvertently biased to assume some familiarity with similar license servers.

But, yes. Two additional downloads are required for floating licenses. This information is shown in section 4 of the NVIDIA Iray License Manager document that is delivered with your plugin.

I agree that this information is not very clearly presented, and I'm working with the team here to collect feedback like yours to make this process less complicated.

4th - Flexera service asks me to insert login and password that it's admin:admin...Well, every time I put this credentials the service crashes through Firefox. I was able to put admin:admin only one time through Chrome but after having tried to change the pw the service crashed.

every time I enter the new password to reset the default "admin" I receive a red string error that says: "your old password is incorrect".
    I can't pass this step, I can't complete the licensing process, I tried everything also using another browser on another machine.
    I am particularly concerned about this issue, and have escalated this for a proper solution.
    - We may need more information to resolve the crash. If so, I'll contact you privately.
    - We are trying to find the quickest way to reset the server password so that you can resume work on the license server.

I really don't know how to authorize my iray copy and I can't understand why this authorization process is so complicated!
    Is your work currently blocked, or is your trial mode still active?
    If this is blocking you:
    - Could you run the license server on another system?
    - Would you prefer to swap the floating license for a node-locked one?

I realize that this doesn't help much at the moment, but I appreciate your patience. As I get more info, I'll help you get this running.

- David