Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Floating licenses: Issues setting up license server

mak21 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DavidM View Post
    Hi mak21,

I don't exactly understand the problem, because you have hidden some of the information. I will contact you privately so that we can get you running without fear of disclosing your private details on this public forum.

- David
    Hi DavidM
    Sorry is a my mistake becasue I not use correctly the Flex Net.
    Now I import the licence in the Flexnet and in the iray License Maneger and all run ok.
    Thank you for the support.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	007 ok licenza.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	208.8 KB 
ID:	6768

NikNastev Guest

That's a great news mak21! Glad your license is work.

Back on my problem - I found that when I press Start Vendor Daemon - I get 3 nvidia.exe processes in Task Manager and only 1 can be killed, other 2 are Access Denied, even if lmadmin is stoped.

BR!
    Nik

mak21 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by NikNastev View Post
    That's a great news mak21! Glad your license is work.

Back on my problem - I found that when I press Start Vendor Daemon - I get 3 nvidia.exe processes in Task Manager and only 1 can be killed, other 2 are Access Denied, even if lmadmin is stoped.

BR!
    Nik
    Hi NikNastev, my computer have only 1 Network e 1 Mac adress.
    If you have 2 Network is possible that create more confusion?
    I have only 1 lmadim and 1 nvidia.exe in the task maneger.
    But I read that lmadim.exe need run

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	008 ok licenza.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	6769

BR.
    Mak21

NikNastev Guest

Yes, this is probably 2 network cards issue.

So, is there any hope for me or I will need to install it on machine with 1 network card? And if so - how can I re-create license then, as there is no any faq or help on that topic.

Thanks in advance!

BR!
    Nik

NikNastev Guest

Bump.
    Any help?

BR!
    Nik

NikNastev Guest

Ok, I found solution my self.
    Everything is ok now.

BR!
    Nik

DavidM Guest

Bump. Any help?
    Hi Nik, I apologize for the delay in responding here. Because troubleshooting at this level requires extensive back and forth, I had given you my direct email address for quicker response. Hopefully, you can continue to work in trial mode until this is fully resolved.

NikNastev Guest

Hi David!

I'm very appreciated with your help so far! Big Thanks to you and Nvidia (and Lightworks) team!

Currently I solved the problem with moving FlexNet license server to another machine (what I do not want to do, but in this situation I did). That machine is with 1 network card and after re-creating license I was able to run and license my Iray plugin.

What I missed in Help/Faq in FlexNet Nvidia website is explaining how I can re-create license. As there is no any word on "Return" option (I was afraid to use it at beginning ). Finally I use it to delete the old license and create new one with MAC address of new machine.

May be if you find solution how I can run FlexNet (I mean how to import and use license there) on machine with 2 network cards - then I could move it to my machine.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidM View Post
    Hi Nik, I apologize for the delay in responding here. Because troubleshooting at this level requires extensive back and forth, I had given you my direct email address for quicker response. Hopefully, you can continue to work in trial mode until this is fully resolved.
    BR!
    Nik

DavidM Guest

Currently I solved the problem...
    Excellent news! Regarding some earlier comments, I have posted additional information below.

I found that when I press Start Vendor Daemon - I get 3 nvidia.exe processes in Task Manager and only 1 can be killed, other 2 are Access Denied, even if lmadmin is stoped.
    As an "industrial strength" license server tool, this will be more challenging to configure than an individual license which has more of a "set it and forget it" workflow. The processes are likely running on the System account so that the service is available across your company network whether an administrator or anyone else has logged in to the system hosting the license server.

May be if you find solution how I can run FlexNet (I mean how to import and use license there) on machine with 2 network cards - then I could move it to my machine.
    Let's treat this as a "bug" for now. Dual NICs should not prevent the license server from running, so I'd like to see if we can reproduce the issue here. Since you prefer to run on a different system, we'll be happy to continue troubleshooting this with you.
    Last edited by DavidM; 13th January, 2016 at 16:27.

NikNastev Guest

Thanks David!

Yes, we will continue to troubleshoot it

BR!
    Nik