Thread: scene conversion referencing non-related 3dsmax or iray program in log files

grue19 Guest

Default scene conversion referencing non-related 3dsmax or iray program in log files

hello, so i installed the iray+ 90 trial tonight at my home computer and did a scene conversion. i logged to maxscript window and saved it out. here's what it included:

PHASEONE WICBitmapDecoder C:\Program Files\Phase One\Capture One 8\WIC\WIC64\P1.WIC.CODEC.dll - 64bit 0702: QueryCapability - refcount before: 3
    ImageCoreBasedDecoder: starting static init
    Loading WIC codec into process: 3dsmax
    Allowing WIC loading inside all processes
    IC init in WIC codec
    Initializing COPE with heap size of: -1
    pathToDebugToolDll: C:\Program Files\Phase One\Capture One 8\WIC\WIC64\P1.C1.DebugTools.dll
    ImageCoreBasedDecoder: done static init
    Warning: Can handle failed
    PHASEONE WICBitmapDecoder C:\Program Files\Phase One\Capture One 8\WIC\WIC64\P1.WIC.CODEC.dll - 64bit 0702: QueryCapability - refcount after: 3
    PHASEONE WICBitmapDecoder C:\Program Files\Phase One\Capture One 8\WIC\WIC64\P1.WIC.CODEC.dll - 64bit 0702: Dispose Called In WIC!
    "Materials Converted..."
    "Object: Teapot002"
    "Type: Arch___Design__mi"
    "Status: Converted"
    "Description: Converts to Iray+ Arch and Design material"
    ""
    "Object: Teapot001"
    "Type: Arch___Design__mi"
    "Status: Converted"
    "Description: Converts to Iray+ Arch and Design material"
    note the reference to Capture One 8 photographic raw converter file by Phase one. This is a program i use to decode raw image files from my digital camera which is pretty much unrelated to 3ds Max or Iray.

the only link i can think of is, capture one can use video card for speeding up changes during image editing, like photoshop can do too. just not sure why this shows up in the scene conversion. no bitmaps were used in the scene, it was a basic box with red/blue/white walls a single light and a couple of geometric objects.

thanks,
    steve

Phillip Miller Guest

That does seem odd. We'll do some digging.

DavidColdron Guest

We had a look at this and found that Capture One is trying to initialise the WIC codec in max but fails and outputs a diagnostic to the maxscript listener window. This is completely unrelated to the Iray for 3ds Max plugin and out of our control.
    For future versions we will make a clear demarcation in the listener window at the start of the plugin conversion output to avoid confusion.
    Thanks
    Dave

grue19 Guest

thanks. i'm guessing it shouldn't be a problem at all for max/iray iray+ use.